Senior Vice President, Chief Information Officer
Onyeka Nchege is a business-oriented and transformational leader focused on successful digital transformations to enable enterprise growth. As Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer for Novant Health – a super-regional healthcare system with one of the largest medical groups in the US – he oversees growth initiatives and the delivery of world-class consumer capabilities, differentiating technologies and advanced clinical solutions that allow the integrated healthcare system to provide remarkable patient care.
Nchege has a purposeful commitment to mentoring and developing leaders, and an unwavering dedication to empowering teams to innovate and unleash their potential. As Chief Information Officer for Toyota Industries Commercial Finance, The Cooper Institute, Interstate Batteries and Coca-Cola Bottling Company Consolidated, he led team members, leaders and executives through the development and implementation of digital strategies resulting in successful information technology and digital business transformation and integration that accelerated corporate purpose and strategy and created sustainable value.
With nearly 30 years of experience as a visionary leader providing tactical management for information technology and digital products and services, Nchege specializes in application development, client relations, customer service, cybersecurity, digital transformation and integration, disaster recovery, eCommerce applications, field service operations, gross margin growth, new business development, process improvement, sales support, vendor management and venture capital. He has authored five publications including:
- “Novant Health: Advancing Digital Transformation During Covid,” Healthcare Global and Technology Magazine, 2021
- “IT Leadership: How to Find More Ways to Pay it Forward,” Enterpriser, 2021
- “How to Prepare IT People to be in Front of Customers: 5 Strategies,” Enterpriser, 2018
- “Winning with New Technologies,” CIOReview, 2016
- “Why Your Culture Might Hold Your Team Back and What to do About IT,” CIOReview, 2016
- “On POINT with SharePoint 2010,” CIOReview, 2015
- “Mobile Strategy: How and Why to go Faster,” InformationWeek, 2014
- “IT Career Change & Crisis: Rapid Lessons,” InformationWeek, 2014
In 2021 and 2022, Nchege was named healthcare finalist for the Carolina ORBIE Awards, honoring his demonstrated excellence in technology leadership. He serves on Apparo’s CXO Tech Council and is a graduate of Georgia State University’s J. Mack Robinson College of Business.